Thursday, March 19, 2009

"Namaste" revisited

OK, so I'm going a bit ga-ga over the last couple of episodes, merely because it is producing more and more story, and less time travel craziness. Don't get me wrong, I dig the time travel mythology of the show, but it had been a bit overwhelming the first five episodes or so.

And does anyone just love Sawyer---er, LeFleur---right now? From season one to now, I can't think of anyone that has had such a change in arc than James Ford. And he's probably pulling the biggest and coolest con of his life.

One thing that I'm not sure of (among many) after Wednesday's episode:

Is Faraday gone from Dharma, or is he just out of his mind (hence James' indication that he isn't here anymore)? Either way, I'm curious to see what has become of Daniel. His "aptitude test" would probably be off the charts, and remember that he was seen in a mine that Chang was inspecting in "Because You Left." So I'm not sure what Faraday has up his sleeve.

Cue Twilight Zone music.

That was my biggest question. Lots more to come as I stir theories in my mind.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that this Sawyer is much easier to like than the "irrationally angry and confrontational" Sawyer of Seasons 1 and 2.

    A quibble on Faraday... so far the "aptitude tests" have been anything but accurate. Juliet is a mechanic. Jack is slated to be a janitor. Faraday in the "Orchid under construction" flashback looks more like a common laborer than an engineer, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved Sawyer from the beginning of this show and I LOVE the change his character is taking. In the first season, he was completely content to not help anyone and just sit and read. Now he's stepped up to the plate to become the only one to seem to have a plan to help people. I LOVE IT.

    I also enjoyed the exchange between Sawyer and Jack in Sawyer and Juliette's cabin. There is going to be a fight for power, I'm sure. The line about Sawyer thinking and Jack just reacting was great. Because its so true of the two different leadership styles.

    Did anyone else think Jack looked sickly when he left Sawyer's cabin that night?

    I can't comment on what I think happened to Faraday. I just have no idea. It would be interesting to know though, where in the time line this episode fits in relationship to the part we saw with Faraday in the Orchid. If that happened before Jack and co came back or if it happens later.

    Oh, but I do think that Juliette tweeked the paperwork to force Jack to be a "workman." I don't think that or the fact that Juliette is in the garage has anything to do with the aptitude tests. Juliette being in the garage is all part of La Fleur's plan (and Kate being in the garage is part of Juliette's plan too).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LeFleur right now - and the burn he gives to Jack about Jack just reacting to situations, instead of thinking. He's so right - and it's coming from Sawyer! Oh the irony.

    Well - even if Faraday did take an aptitude test (which I don't think he did since the Losties stuck on the island were trying to be on the down low), I would think he wouldn't do well on purpose since he's supposed to be under the radar. I'm pretty sure Juliet and Jack wouldn't have even taken a test, either. Hence, their occupations.

    I think Faraday has lost his mind and gone to live in the woods. Hence Charlotte telling him "some crazy man came and told me to not to come back to the island".

    ReplyDelete