Friday, January 8, 2010

This Means War!

It’s somehow comforting to remember that all these characters are as lost as we are.



Alright, Amy didn't care for my puzzle when I posted it, but I've got news. Haha!

Someone figured it out. I completely quit working on it after the finale, and now I wish I didn't. Check the following excerpt from this post:

Page 105 solution:
In the recent LOST episode "The Variable," there is a quick shot of Wired issue 11.08 from August 2003. Scott Dadich's twitter hint led me to the time travel article in that issue. The part of the article on Thorne Plates refers to the "Casimir Effect," which was also referenced on LOST in the past. In order to USE LETTERS BACKWARDS FROM END, count the letters backwards from the end of the Thorne Plates portion of the article. So, count 4 letters back (the "t" in "trip"), then 34 letters back from that (the "h" in "happen") and so on. The final solution is:

T H E F O U
R T O E D S
T A T U E I S
T A W E R E T

which refers to one of the reveals in the Season 5 finale of LOST.

It was totally worth solving Amy! For those wondering what 'Taweret' is, she is an Egyptian goddess. She is believed to be the goddess of childbirth and fertility. You can read all about her on her Wikipedia page. I just want to point out two things in particular.

One, she was the protector of children.
Two, since she was considered the consort of Apep, Taweret was seen as one who protected against evil by restraining it.

Was Jacob, Apep, or was he the one keeping 'Taweret' alive? Now that he is 'dead', will evil be free to reign, or will there be peace for the children finally? Does it even matter? Did the bomb really reset everything? What does this bode for the future of the children in LOST? And not just the younger children, but also the adults who have daddy issues. I said it before, Egyptian Mythology could quite possibly reveal the rest of the story line, and all of these daddy issues will surface. With that said, I don't think the bomb did much of anything in the major scheme of things. I think the 'war' is finally here, and either Apep or Taweret now has the upper hand. It's just a matter of who.

My two pennies.

2 comments:

  1. 1. Awesome find with the video. Just awesome.

    2. The Tawaret theory was actually posted on this very blog cleeeear back in March!

    http://thingswelearnedfromlost.blogspot.com/2009/03/theories-comments-and-questions-on.html

    Later, I actually thought the statue was Sobek, but apparently it's the pregnancy goddess. So that's interesting. Good work with the puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Mookoo Joe. Honestly, I just don't care that much to go through the puzzle and figure it out, but I'm glad someone did. Woot for you. :)

    ReplyDelete